Breakfast is always a tricky one for me, as I’d love to slave away in my kitchen over a perfect creation every day, but then by the time I get to work and lunchtime rolls around, I’m starving. These days, I’ve been eating breakfast when I get to work to avoid the 5-hour lag between meals. I go for simple, healthy, and filling. Nothing too fancy here folks. Check out the breakfasts in my current rotation below:
Plain Greek Yogurt with Berries and Raw Walnuts
- Preferably Chobani whole milk Greek Yogurt
Classic Oatmeal with Spices, Chia Seeds, and Hemp Hearts
- Get classic Quaker oats, not quick oats, and with no additional flavors. I use pumpkin pie spice, which is a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger to sprinkle on top for a boost of flavor, and chia seeds and hemp hearts for extra fiber.
Avocado half with Hard Boiled Eggs and Horseradish
- Cut an avo in half, spoon some beet horseradish in the center, place alongside two hard boiled eggs, and sprinkle some maldon sea salt over the top. Perfect.
Ezekiel Sprouted Toast Two Ways
- With Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt and jam (I’ve been using the spicy guava pineapple jam from Baccahanal lately and am obsessed with it)
- With Tahini, a drizzle of honey, cinnamon, and flaked sea salt